I was determined to finish this sweater by the end of the week, and I succeeded!
Ravelry Project Page
Pattern: Farmhouse Cardigan
Yarn: Beaverslide Worsted in “Bracken”; about 5 skeins
Needles: Size 8s
Time to knit: a little over a month, but with a couple of weeks off while I was up in Wisconsin
I’m really delighted with how it turned out – and I’m so thrilled that my experiment with double-knit pockets worked well!
The other deviation I made from the pattern was to add a little bit of waist-shaping; I did two pairs of double-decreases, spaced evenly apart from the center back, and then did double-increases to get back to the full width before I reached the underarm. I had a hard time getting a good photo, but you can kind of see them here:
I have a bit of a swayback, and this kind of shaping helps it to “hug” that curve in my spine a bit more when I wear it, instead of ballooning out.
I found the coolest buttons in my drawer-of-random-things, and luckily, I had enough for this cardigan! I sewed them on using the leftover yarn from my green Willow Cowl, which doesn’t *quite* match, but I think it looks nice.
I think this cardigan is going to be really great come winter; it’ll look nice with all of my grey tops, but also with some of the greens and light blues that I tend to wear, too.
And it matches my eyes, too!
I’ve already cast on for my next sweater, but you’ll have to wait til tomorrow for a post about that!