It hasn’t been blocked yet, but the Baa-ble hat that I mentioned in my last post is now finished!
Ravelry Project Page
Pattern: Baa-ble Hat
Yarn: Scraps of Brooklyn Tweed Shelter in “Faded Quilt”, “Sap”, and “Fossil”, as well as an unknown but similar-weight dark grey-blue yarn (for the legs/faces)
Needles: size 6 (for ribbing) and 7 (for the rest)
Time to knit: less than a week!
I ended up deciding against making a pompom – I do like the way it looks in the pattern, but the practical side of me knows that I’ll wear a hat more without a pompom; on cold days, I like to put the hood of my coat up over my hat, and with a big pompom, that doesn’t work so well.
I ended up doing what I always do when I’ve gone on a big cast-on spree: I get fixated on one of the projects and end up finishing it before I do much of any knitting on the other things I cast on. I can’t help it, I’m pretty solidly a “one project at a time” knitter, but I do like taking advantage of a quiet, kid-free day to cast several projects on at once, because that tends (for me) to be the easiest thing to screw up when I’m being frequently interrupted!
I just couldn’t get enough of those sheep – once I got to the feet, I just had to keep knitting to see what the sheep looked like, and then once I got to the sky, it was so close to being finished I didn’t see the point in waiting! I absolutely love the way the colors of the yarns look together, and knitting with Shelter is a joy. I’m a crunchy woolen-spun yarn lover through and through.
And now I have a sheepy hat!