Today is Thalia-blocking day! I got out my pins and my interlocking foam tiles, and set to work, pinning, pinning, pinning…
…so much pinning! I wanted to pin out each and every loop of the looped crochet bind off, which got rather tedious after awhile, but I think it will be worth it.
All told, I ended up using the entirety of my T-pin collection…150 pins!
I carried the whole thing outside after I’d pinned it, because I knew there was no way I’d keep the shawl safe from curious Ren:
Thankfully, we’re having a sunny and beautiful day outside, so hopefully it will dry fairly quickly. If there’s any sign of an impending thunderstorm (we had several, yesterday), I’ll have to carry it down to our basement or something. Cats + Knitting = not a very good combination, at least in our house!
I can’t wait to see what the shawl looks like once it’s all done blocking. The contrast green bind-off looks so good – what a happy accident that was!