I’ve ended up having so many active projects going on at once now, and it’s a bit nuts. I really should try to be better about not starting (or re-starting, in some cases) a whole load of projects every time I get a break, because I wind up just feeling overwhelmed by it all, and I’d really rather not be overwhelmed by my hobby, given that already I find the rest of life rather overwhelming a lot of the time.
So anyway, I have made zero progress on some of my projects, but I thought I’d do a quick progress report for the projects that I’ve actually worked on. First up, the crocheted granny rectangle:
It’s actually bigger now than it was in that picture, and the only reason it isn’t even bigger still is that I ran out of Noro, and am waiting on more to arrive. Crochet really guzzles yarn! And is also terribly, terribly addictive, I’m finding. I just could not put this down. It’s almost a good thing that it’s on a forced hiatus for the moment, because crochet is harder on my wrists than knitting is, and they could use a break.
I brought my Hollyberry cardigan with me on our impromptu trip to OH, and ended up starting one of the sleeves:
I really like adding a little something special at the wrists of my sweaters. In this case, it’s a wee little nupp and roositud hollyberry motif, like the ones I’m going to be placing around the yoke of the sweater. I’m not sure I’m 100% happy with the roositud leaves, but fortunately, if I should need to rip it out, I could always weave it back in a different way after the fact. I’d rather weave it in as I go, though, so I definitely want to settle on an ideal roositud leaf before I get to the yoke. In other news, I am rather strongly regretting my decision to knit the body of the sweater flat, instead of in-the-round plus steeking. Yes, I’ll get my beloved sl1, p1 edging to pick up from on the fronts, for a button band, which I can’t use the same way if I steek, but at this gauge, knitting flat is crazy making. I’m going to finish it off the way I started (that is, flat), because I want the front to look consistent, but I definitely plan to write a steeked version when I write the pattern, and if I ever make another of these, I’ll steek.
The other project I brought with me to Ohio was my dad’s Skier hat, which now is starting to at least look like a hat:
On the next row, I’ll be starting to knit the actual skier guy, who, according to my brother, looks just like some character from The Price is Right. My hands are actually rather unpracticed at stranded colorwork these days, since it’s been awhile since I’ve done any! Hopefully blocking will fix whatever wonkiness is there in my gauge.
So, anyway, that’s what I’ve been up to the past few days.