Just a quick post today, since I’ve got lots of work to get done, and have been knocked flat by what I hope is only a minor cold (it would certainly be bad timing for it to be anything else, since I take over on the lecturing in the class I’m co-teaching next week). Anyway, remember how I was knitting a modernized gansey, way back in July? Well, I’ve picked it back up again, and just yesterday finished the saddle for the left shoulder, leaving me with only the right shoulder, and a bit of garter around the neckline to go. Here’s what it looks like:
I couldn’t be happier with the fit! I knit a seamless set-in sleeve, maintaining the stitch patterning as best I could, but instead of completely closing the sleeve at the top, I took the tiny little baby cable that runs up the center of the sleeve, and carried it across as the tiniest of saddles to join the front and the back. I wasn’t entirely sure this was going to work as well in real life as it did in my head, so it was quite a relief to have it come out so nicely.
Well, that’s it for now! Back to lecture-prepping, housekeeping, and most importantly of all, RESTING. Have a lovely Sunday, everyone!