Why hello there, blog! I just cannot seem to find the time to update this thing more often than about once every 1-2 weeks. Oh well. In the time since I last wrote, I’ve survived a couple of symphony rehearsals and a variety of scheduling nightmares, answered endless emails from students in the class I’m co-teaching, and hosted my brother and his wife for a wonderful visit here over Labor Day weekend. We ate good food, watched some movies and TV, and played a lot of Rock Band (which they kindly brought along with them). I really enjoyed getting to have them here!
On the knitting front, I’ve joined the sleeves to the body of my Rhinebeck cardigan, knit half a yoke, ripped out a yoke, and started over again, with reworked chart. It’s going better this second time around, so I figured I’d share some photos with y’all. Here’s the back of the sweater, partway through the yoke:
(I’m showing you the back, since it’s easier to spread that part out on the needles…we’re still in “too many stitches for the needle” territory until some more serious decreasing happens). The bit of lace you can see is the central point of the maple leaf nupp/lace motif I doodled out. I’m so excited to see more of it knit up, and to see whether it looks as much like a maple leaf when knit up as it does in chart form!
The nupps make for rather slow going (although I’ve got a nice routine now, using a much smaller dpn to do the p5tog on the wrong side after the nupp rows, which helps). I don’t mind, though, because the texture they create is wonderful. Here’s a closeup of the nupps and lace:
And here’s an even-closer-up:
We’ll see how long it takes me to finish this up given how busy I am this semester, but I’m about 99% sure I can have an awesome new cardigan to wear at Rhinebeck, assuming it’s cool enough by then. Here’s hoping!