(Picture of adorable sleeping Stimpy, to distract you from the fact that there are no knitting pictures in this post)
You know, I might actually finish things every now and then if I stopped constantly getting distracted by new, bright shiny things every ten seconds. But…y’all, the new Interweave preview is up. And wow. I like a lot of the stuff in it. Like…a lot. Here are my favorites from the preview:
- Gathered Pullover. Nice and minimal, with a pretty cable in a prominent place and gathering that, uh, makes me look like I’ve got more than I’ve got, if you know what I mean. I like. I like a lot.
- Refined Aran Jacket. It looks so classy, but not at all boring (although, what’s up with the funny pucker in that second picture? Hopefully just a weird pose). Wouldn’t it look nice in a deep green? This is another one I like a lot.
- Forbes Forest Pullover. I’ve always liked the scarf pattern from which I believe this stitch pattern came. The sweater reminds me a bit of Demi. Apparently I really like bobbled sweaters.
- Colette Pullover. I think I like this one. I don’t like the red, but I bet it would look really nice in brown and blue. I’m a bit distracted by the, ahem, build of this model, and can’t quite tell whether this would look good on me, since I’m a whole lot, uh, flatter. What do y’all think? Would it look as good on a less curvy lady?
- Celtic Tote. Cool bag. I probably wouldn’t actually knit it, because I’m not much of a bag-knitter, but I do think it looks neat. I likes me some nice celtic cabling.
And then there’s my other current obsession: yoked sweaters. Seriously, if you’re on Ravelry, look at my queue…there’s like, 6 of them, just on the first page (and yes, I know I have a ridiculously long queue…I use it to remember patterns that I see and like, and only really use the first page of it as an actual approximate “queue” of future projects, the content and order of which changes frequently). I don’t know what’s gotten into me (maybe the Cobblestone sweater started it?), but I just want knit sweaters with colorful yokes all the livelong day. I’m especially enamored with this one. Someday, someday.
And last but not least, continuing with the theme of colorful circles, have y’all seen this? I know, I haven’t even sewn my curtains yet, what am I doing looking at quilts? But I want to make that quilt, badly. It is so my kind of quilt…bright rainbow colors on a clean white background. Someday, someday. There’s even a fabric bundle for it…not that I can afford it right now, anyway, but maybe sometime down the road. I can dream, right?
(btw, the migraine? Maybe not just a migraine. Maybe actually the flu. Ugh. The Tabi sock might be a bit late getting to my pal, in any case, since I sort of need to be able to spend reasonable amount of time in good lighting to knit it. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that I can still get it done by the end of the month, but health and homework have to come first, alas).