I finished my sock late Saturday night (too late, really, but I was so close to done that I stayed up to finish it). I made Andrew take a bunch of pictures so that I could show it off a little, because I’m awfully darn proud of my first sock. It fits really nicely and the colors are awesome. I’m excited for spring so that I can wear it (or rather, them, assuming I don’t slack off on making its partner) with a skirt and clogs so that the world can see my bright happy socks.
The long bit of yarn I’m holding away from the sock in the picture still needs to be woven in, but that shouldn’t take too long. I’m really happy with the fit. My kitchener stitch at the end of the toe is a little wonky, but I’m sure I will get better at that with practice. You can maybe kinda see the toe in the picture below:
All in all, I’m really happy with how well it turned out. There are certainly some mistakes that weren’t fixed as well as they could have been, and like I said, my kitchener is a little wonky, but it’s a good sock. I’m really excited to make its partner. I have two different size feet (by over a full size…something happened to a row of bones in my left foot so that they didn’t grow after I was about 4 or 5 years old), so it will be interesting to see how many fewer repeats of the pattern I’ll need to do to get one that fits the smaller foot.