sock #1, done.
Today, instead of doing the work I really ought to be doing, I sat at my computer and watched the latest episode of Glee on Hulu, and finished the first of the neuron knee highs:
In case you were wondering, it’s rather difficult to take a picture of your own leg in which everything is in-frame and in-focus, particularly on a cold, rainy day. But I did my best. Here’s a back view:
Now, the question that remains is whether or not I can knit the entire second sock, and also put the finishing touches on the pattern, in the next 9 days (that is, before Elinor’s deadline). If not, well, c’est la vie, but I think it would be nice to be able to enter this design into the contest that served to spur me on to actually create this crazy sock I’ve had in my mind ever since I started seeing pictures of neurons on a semi-regular basis here in my graduate program. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve ripped and started over on this sock, but I’m hoping it’s all worth it. The second sock should certainly be easier to knit than the first one, since I’ve worked out all of the kinks already! And I hope y’all will love the pattern, once I get it ready to go. There’s even a little lesson on neurons included!