Almost a year in the making
I figured out how to set in sleeves (it wasn’t as hard as I thought, but it was very time consuming, and not nearly so fun as knitting!), and finished the first sleeve yesterday, and the second one today. So now, here’s some photographic evidence that this lovely sweater is now a Finished Object!
Here’s the ordinary front-view. As you can see, even with almost 2 inches added to each sleeve, my gorilla arms are still a bit too long for them. They’re not too too short, but I’d prefer them at least a centimeter longer. I’m still really happy with them, though, don’t get me wrong! I love my sweater! So much, that I’m going to give y’all a bunch more pictures of me hamming it up for the camera wearing it:
(Side view, where I was trying to make sure the lovely cabled hood was visible)
(Here, I was trying to show off the side cable, but look more like I was trying to grab my bum. Oh well.)
(I have on a really cheesy smile in this one, but at least you can see what the hood looks like when it’s up!)
(And finally, a back view!)
You can’t tell in the pictures, because the lighting in our apartment is terrible and the flash washes everything out, but the cables really pop now that the sweater’s had a bath. They look incredible! And also (I’m really proud of this), my hood graft is practically invisible. I love grafting!
Here are the final stats:
Yarn: Bartlett Yarns 2-ply in Lovat, less than 6 skeins
Needles: Denise Interchangeables, sizes 5, 6, and 7
Time to knit: Almost a year! I don’t actually remember when I cast on last year, but I’m pretty sure it was in November or December.
I love this sweater. I’m excited to get to knit it again for my mom. The pattern was fantastic, very well written and clear, and I learned a lot from it. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the leftover yarn!